Today was a champagne fountain for sure!! Inside joke don't ask what it is.
I had my sm18 class *it's essentials of supervision*
A call calibration
Then my macroeconomics class. It was a crazy day!! That's how tuesdays usually go though. They are offering another kirkwood college in the spring that I'm thinking of doing.
Tomorrow we have training at 8am!! It will be fun though, we've been though it before. There is a theory that people can be catorigized into 'colors' and depending on those 'colors' you can better deal with them on a day to day basis. How they need feedback, how they learn, what will help them 'figure it out'. AND it's at a hotel so it's always fun to go offsite. Ben and I even joked we should have gotten a hotel room since we had class there tonight and have to be there at 8 am! It's right by hardees so again, another pro, hardees breakfast! MMMMMMMMM
CAUTION: This next part is a RANT so don't read if you don't want to get worked up. It is also about a lot of people and just things I've learned in general. I've tried to settle some of these personally but just getting things off my chest.
I know this is a free country and all but why don't people just know when to NOT say something. There are things in life that don't need to be said or opinions that DON'T need to be shared. People don't realize how sharing these things or feelings come across... or how it makes you look. I guess I just realize when to pick my battles. And it's the optimist in me to always say the positive and try and keep it that way.
For instance in the 6 years i've worked at geico i've not only signed up my mom, myself, my boyfriend but also a countless number of friends and a few family members.... when they have needed it... and then The one time I ask for people to call in and get a quote it becomes this huge ordeal. It's just like junk mail if you don't like it throw it away! You don't like the commercial? change the channel.... there is no reason to tell me about it. ESPECIALLY when it comes to my work place!!! and something that I'm positive about. I take pride in my job and the people I work with do as well. After 6 years we have all become like family, so when someone puts down my company it's like you're putting down my family. i guess this is why it hurts and is extremely frustrating. I work in the service industry, my LIFE is to make people happy and if they are not I do everything I can to give them solutions. That's our companies stance. Leave it to one bad experience but do you really know the whole story? do you even care to take the time to let people explain it? most of the time people don't. Then they take it out on the people dealing with the situation. I know MOST people don't like insurance companies but if you don't, i challenge you to have $100,000 in the bank to pay out someone's medical bills when you hit them. Or pay you $25,000 for a car you just wrecked. It's a necessary evil in this world so how can we fix it?!? how can you as a consumer be the one to ask the questions that you need to and get the help that you need. That's what we're here for... just wait till someone sets me off about health care.
I'm ready for bed.... chalk this day up as OVER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

a champagne fountain of a day eh? cool
ReplyDeletegood for you looking forward to your classes :)
Rant away it's your blog
I love you
i am sorry if i'm the one who set off your rant :( I never meant to offend you.
ReplyDeleteI love you
i love you too my sister! It was part of it but not entirely. I appreciate the apology. I wish you would have let me hlep you with the situation. I wouldn't have been able to resolve it but at least i could have explained it to you. Just know for next time!!
ReplyDelete